Here's How to Participate
- Buy any 3 Pears Baby products
- Take a creative picture of your Baby with the products
- Upload the picture and complete the form
By taking part in this competition you shall be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these ‘’Terms and Conditions’’, as may be amended or varied by Unilever Nigeria Plc. (The Promoter), owners of Pears Nigeria (the Brand) from time to time without notice. The responsibility is on the participants to acquaint themselves periodically with the rules/terms.
The competition is open to all Nigerian residents 18 years or older except any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, and in possession of a valid identity document (for claiming of prizes). Valid Identity document shall be Drivers Licence, International Passport or National Identity Card. No other means of identification will be accepted.
By participating in this competition, participants agree to receive future marketing information from the Promoter and/or the Brand. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe at any time.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD
The Competition begins at 5:00 p.m. Greenwich Meridian Time (“GMT”) on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 and ends at Midnight Greenwich Meridian Time (“GMT”) on Thursday, August 15th, 2019 (the “Competition Period”).
- ENTRY MECHANICS & WINNER SELECTION
- Buy any 3 units from the Pears Baby range (Lotion, Oil, Cream, Powder and Jelly).
- Upload one creative picture of your baby/ward (0 months -3 years), featuring the pears products on the Pears Website.The Pears website (www.pearsbaby.ng) will serve as the entry platform. (Between May 22nd, 2019 and July 3rd, 2019). All entries received after the 3rd of July 2019 will not be considered eligible.
- You will be required to present your original baby’s birth certificate and/or other documents that support the relationship between yourself and the baby, during the competition.
- You will be required to provide personal details of the yourself and the child including but not limited to the baby’s name, date of birth, location, contact details, valid means of identification.
- Only one entry upload is permitted per baby. Multiple entries of the same baby will be disqualified.
- By entering into this competition, the participants warrant that he/she is the beneficial owner and/or has copyright of the entry photograph and agrees that Unilever Nigeria Plc. will not be held responsible for any copyright or other intellectual property breach/infringement.
- Once submitted, entries are subject to a voting process on the Pears Website that will see the top 500 Babies emerge. (Voting stage 1: 4th of July – 10th of July)
- Top 500 Babies will be informed and be given a second challenge to upload creative pictures dressed in their favourite costumes.
- These entries will then be subjected to a voting process that will see the top 15 Babies with the highest votes emerge. (Voting Stage 2: 25th of July – 31st of July)
- The Top 15 Babies will be given a final task of submitting 50 second video entries depicting a typical day in the life of their Babies.
- Three (3) Judges will be enlisted to make the final selection based on all the entries submitted by the top 15 that will see 3 Babies selected as the winner, first runner up and second runner up via a live session in the presence of key stakeholders.
- Entries must not contain obscene, profane, disparaging, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content as determined at Promoter’s sole discretion. Entries that contravene this will be rejected and disregarded.
- Entries must not contain any third-party materials, and/or information that violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark, design that identifies a brand. Participants shall hold the promoter harmless in the event of a breach.
- You hereby consent and authorise Unilever Nigeria Plc. to feature your entries, including images of your participation throughout the competition in Unilever Nigeria Plc’s future marketing communications, including but not limited to press features, videos and photos and social media platforms.
- Unilever Nigeria Plc. reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of any part of an entry and the Participant’s details and to disqualify any Participant who submits an entry that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or tampers with the entry process.
- Failure by Unilever Nigeria Plc. to enforce any of its rights during the competition or at any time does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Unilever Nigeria Plc. will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition.
4. ACCESS TO THIS PLATFORM/FORUM AND PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION
To access this Platform/Forum and Participate in this Competition, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of this Platform/Forum and Participation in the Competition that all the information you provide on this Platform/Forum for participation in this Competition will be correct, current and complete. If Unilever and its Agents believes the information you provide is not correct, current or complete Unilever and its Agents has the right to refuse you access to this Platform/Forum and to Participate in this Competition, and to terminate or suspend your access at any time.
5. RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You may use this Platform/Forum and Participate in this Competition for purposes expressly permitted by this Platform/Forum and in participation in this Competition. As a condition of your use of this Platform/Forum and Participation in this Competition, you warrant to Unilever and its Agents that you will not use Platform/Forum and Participate in this Competition for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions. You may not modify, copy, distribute, display, send, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, content, software, products or services obtained from or otherwise connected to this platform/forum/competition/contest.
6. PROPRIETARY INFORMATION
The material and content accessible from this Platform/Forum and any other World Wide Web site platform, forum, contest or competition owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Unilever and its Agents is the proprietary information of Unilever and its Agents or the party that provided or licensed the Content to Unilever and its Agents, whereby such providing party retains all right, title and interest in the Content. Accordingly, the Content may not be copied, distributed, republished, uploaded, posted or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of Unilever and its Agents. In doing so, you may not remove or alter, or cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, service mark, or any other proprietary notice or legend appearing on any of the Content. Modification or use of the Content except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions violates Unilever and its Agent’s intellectual property, image and privacy rights. Neither title nor intellectual property rights are transferred to you by access to this Platform/Forum and in Participation in this Competition.
7. HYPER- LINKS
This Platform/Forum may be hyper-linked to other sites, platform/forum which, except expressly provided herein are not maintained by, or related to, Unilever and its Agents. Hyper-links to such sites, platform or forum are not sponsored by or affiliated with this Platform/Forum or in Participation in this Competition or Unilever and its Agents. Unilever and its Agents has not reviewed any or all of such sites, platform or forum and is not responsible for the content of those sites, platform or forum. Hyper-links are to be accessed at the user’s own risk, and Unilever and its Agents makes no representations for warranties about the content, completeness, or accuracy of these hyper-links or the sites, platform or forum hyperlinked to this Platform/Forum Further, the inclusion of any hyperlink to a third-party site, platform or forum does not necessarily imply endorsement by Unilever and its Agents of that site, platform or forum.
You hereby grant to Unilever and its Agents the royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non- exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display all content, remarks suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated to Unilever and its Agents through this Platform/Forum and in Participation in this Competition (together, the “Submission”), and to incorporate any Submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Unilever and its Agents will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential and may use any Submission in its business (including without limitation, for products or advertising) without incurring any liability for royalties or any other consideration of any kind and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future Unilever and its Agents operations.
9. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
You may not post, send, submit, publish or transmit in connection with this Platform/Forum and in Participation in this Competition any material that:
- You do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party
- Advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act;
- Is vulgar, obscene, pornographic or indecent
- Does not pertain directly to this Platform/Forum and your Participation in this Competition;
- Threatens or abuses others, libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive
- Seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- Infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyone’s copyright or trademarks or their rights of publicity;
- Violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;
- Impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
- Advertises any commercial endeavor (e.g. offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g. conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as may be specifically authorized on this Platform/Forum or in Participation in this Competition;
- Solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors;
- Includes programs that contain viruses, worms, and/or Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type or otherwise act in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real-time activities via this Platform/Forum and in Participation in this Competition;
- Disobeys any policy or regulations established from time to time regarding use of this Platform/Forum and in Participation in this Competition or any networks connected to this Platform/Forum and in Participation in this Competition; or contains hyperlinks to other sites that contain content that falls within the descriptions set forth above.
Unilever and its Agents reserves the right to monitor use of this Platform/Forum to determine compliance with these Terms and Conditions, as well as the right to remove or refuse any information for any reason. Notwithstanding these rights, you remain solely responsible for the content of your submissions. You acknowledge and agree that neither Unilever and its Agents nor any third party that provides Content to Unilever and its Agents will assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by Unilever and its Agents or such third party with respect to any submission.
- You may be required to register on this Platform/Forum to participate in this Competition. During registration/participation in this Competition, you will be required to provide contact information, including but not limited to an email address, your name, username, password, physical address, phone number and account details. This information will be used in fulfillment of the contest you have requested to participate in. You can select any username you want, except that your username cannot be an impersonation, the same or confusingly similar to a famous trademark or be a term that is offensive in any way.
- Unilever and its Agents may use your username and email address to provide you with email newsletters and announcements about the Platform/Forum and your Participation in this Competition.
- Unilever and its Agents may release information concerning your use of this Platform/Forum and/or your Participation in this Competition (including but not limited to, posted content, registration information, and network records) when it believes in good faith that such release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant or court order), to protect against fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of this Platform/Forum and Participation in this Competition to protect Unilever and its Agents rights or property, enforce any contract between you and Unilever and its Agents, or if Unilever and its Agents reasonably believes that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure.
- YOU UNDERSTAND THAT UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THE INTERNET WILL BE FREE OF VIRUS, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MAY MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND CHECKPOINTS TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT, AND FOR MAINTAINING A MEANS EXTERNAL TO THIS PLATFORM/FORUM AND PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION OF ANY LOST DATA. UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE INTERNET.
- YOUR USE OF THIS PLATFORM/FORUM AND PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THIS PLATFORM/FORUM AND IN PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS PLATFORM/FORUM OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE, OR THE RESULT OF USE, OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME.
- YOU, AND NOT UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS PLATFORM/FORUM OR IN PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION OR ITS CONTENT.
- UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT.
- ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THIS PLATFORM/FORUM, WHETHER HISTORICAL IN NATURE OR FORWARD- LOOKING, SPEAKS ONLY AS OF THE DATE THE INFORMATION IS POSTED ON THIS PLATFORM/FORUM AND UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS DOES NOT UNDERTAKE ANY OBLIGATIONS TO UPDATE SUCH INFORMATION AFTER IT IS POSTED OR TO REMOVE SUCH INFORMATION FROM THIS PLATFORM/FORUM IF IT IS NOT, OR IS NO LONGER, ACCURATE OR COMPLETE.
12. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES INCLUDING LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
13. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES:
- By participating in this Competition, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to provide the information you submit, that it is accurate and complete, and that you hereby authorize use of all or any part of such information for any purposes in connection with this Competition.
- Unilever and its Agents and its affiliates are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; miscommunication; failed phone or computer hardware, software, telephone transmissions, or technical failures; garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including without limitation the incorrect or inaccurate capture of your entry in this Competition; or for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entry.
- You warrant that you have not entered any agreements (including but not limited to agreements with employers) that would prohibit you from entering into the Competition or granting any of the rights granted herein.
- You will indemnify and hold Unilever and its Agents, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, content providers, service providers, employees, agents, officers, directors, and contractors (the Indemnified Parties) harmless from any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you, including any use of Content other than as expressly authorized in these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that the Indemnified Parties will have no liability in connection with any such breach or unauthorized use, and you agree to indemnify any and all resulting loss, damages, judgments awards, costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees of the Indemnified Parties in connection therewith.
- You will also indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of [Unilever and its Agents’] Platform/Forum and in Participation in this Competition or information accessed from the Platform/Forum and in Participation in this Competition.
Trademarks, service marks, and logos appearing in this Platform/Forum are the property of Unilever and its Agents or the party that provided the trademark, service marks and logos to Unilever and its Agents. Unilever and its Agents and any party that provided trademarks, service marks and logos to Unilever and its Agents retain all rights with respect to any of their respective trademarks, service marks and logos appearing in this Platform/Forum.
- You are prohibited from using any services or facilities provided in connection with this Platform/Forum and your Participation in this Competition to compromise security or tamper with system resources and/or accounts. The use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security (e.g. password guessing programs, cracking tools, or network probing tools) is strictly prohibited.
- If you become involved in any violation of system security, Unilever and its Agents reserves the right to release your details to system administrators at other sites in order to assist them in resolving security incidents. Unilever and its Agents reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of these Terms and Conditions.
BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AGREEMENT YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND/OR FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER UNILEVER AND ITS AGENTS OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
17. RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned due to the infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this competition. If the Promoter elects to cancel or terminate this competition, the Promoter will not retain any rights to the entries.
18. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions will be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. You specifically consent to the jurisdiction of Federal Republic of Nigeria in connection with any dispute between you and Unilever and its Agents arising out of these Terms and Conditions or pertaining to the subject matter hereof.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- These Terms and Conditions and any supplemental terms, policies, rules and guidelines constitute the entire agreement between you and Unilever and its Agents and supersede all previous written and or oral agreements relating to your entry and participation in the Competition.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, any additional terms and conditions on this Platform/Forum will govern the items to which they pertain.
Rewards of N5,000 will be awarded at each 500 milestone entry i.e 500th , 1000th , 1500th etc..
Grand Prize: N1 million and Pears products worth N10,000
1st Runner up: N500,000 and Pears products worth N10,000
2nd Runner up: N250,000 and Pears products worth N10,000
The remaining 12 finalists to be rewarded with gift vouchers of N5,000 each.
The decision of the panel of Judges is FINAL and no correspondence will be entered.
The Company reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event the selected winner declines the prize offer or is ineligible. No prize will be deferred to a later date than the stipulated reward duration.
Any prize not collected for any reason 90 days after being officially notified will be forfeited and no correspondence will be entered. For avoidance of doubt “official notification” is defined here as email and telephone correspondence sent to the contact details provided by the entrant.
The use of the prizes awarded to winners is at the risk and expense of the winners. Winners cannot hold the Company liable for the use of prizes.
Unilever and its Agents may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting.